Sitecore to Content Manager Integration
Extend Sitecore with the document management features of Micro Focus Content Manager (TRIM). Using the SooT integration, Content Manager administrators can extend their document review, manipulation, and processing functionality to web users. SooT increases business efficiency and the value of existing Sitecore and Content Manager investments.
The connector makes Content Manager documents available to a large number of users while enforcing security at a granular level. Document permissions are tightly controlled using Content Manager's inbuilt security model coupled to the extensive security offered by Sitecore. Because the connector uses standard Content Manager web services the same security constraints can be imposed on web users as those in Content Manager itself.
Uploading documents to Content Manager is easy. Information, images, and video files can be uploaded, using Sitecore web controls, directly to Content Manager using a browser or mobile device. If your needs are complex, the connector’s open architecture makes it easy to extend the functionality provided. For instance, SooT could be used to expose selected Content Manager files to external file handling systems.
FuseIT’s complimentary installation and deployment assistance, from experts in both technologies, ensures a fast and smooth implementation. Upgrades and enhancements to the connector are available with FuseIT’s standard support plan.
FuseIT's experience with Sitecore and Content Manager is extensive. Why not contact us and arrange a demo of how SooT can solve your challenges.
What is SooT?
Customers and businesses expect immediate access to a range of information via a channel of their choice. If the information they need is in Content Manager then access becomes challenging. SooT expands the availability of information by integrating Sitecore with Content Manager to create a digital asset management system (DAM) solution for static and rich media resources while offering essential functions like metadata search.
The SooT digital asset management solution makes it possible to easily move documents between the two systems without compromising the security models of either.
SooT helps organizations improve their document governance processes with the following features:
- Content Manager document searches and views via Sitecore web controls
- Upload documents to Content Manager with a Sitecore upload control
- Update or delete Content Manager documents from Sitecore
- Save completed Sitecore forms to Content Manager as PDFs
- Save web pages or web forms to Content Manager as PDFs
- Add links to Content Manager documents in Sitecore’s WYSIWYG page editor
- Save files added to the Media Library into Content Manager
- Synchronize Content Manager documents into Sitecore Media Library
- Control access with Sitecore roles or Content Manager permissions
- Show documents in selected Content Manager containers in Sitecore
- Manual or automated synchronization options
- Easily extend existing functionality if required
Soot is installed as a Sitecore package. For more information please contact us.