Salesforce kept us very busy at the end of 2015 and early 2016. First, they changed their API end-point from salesforce.com to login.salesforce.com and then had a critical security update that required third-party software that connects to Salesforce to support TLS 1.2.
The FuseIT team set about researching the changes, creating new releases and informing our customers. The latest flurry of S4S releases, fully documented here, include some other key improvements:
- Changes to the S4S Profile Providers to better support organizations that have "Person Accounts" turned on. A new "readOnly" attribute on Salesforce profile properties was introduced to prevent S4S trying to write data back to Salesforce, for example, preventing S4S from updating the AccountId property in Salesforce when Person Accounts has been turned on (this is disallowed).
- The latest releases have BREAKING CHANGES after S4S was upgraded to use the .NET Framework 4.5 required to support the Salesforce requirements around TLS1.2.
- The Log4net version was upgraded to 184.108.40.206
- A bug in the WFFM wizard was fixed to prevent the wizard failing if it contained no fields.
- SalesforceSession establishment was improved. By keeping the UserInfo returned by the login call, the API call count could be reduced by one when establishing a session.
FuseIT is committed to improving the robustness and performance of S4S.
Book an online demo now
- Obligation free - no pressure!
- At a time that works for you
- One hour but can be shorter
- At any technical level
- All questions answered
- Your video application or ours
- Access to an integration trial
The time in
* Friday in the US is
Saturday in New Zealand.